Missions/quests

Post info on public construction projects!

Missions/quests

Postby Brittlebear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:47 am

Blake intends on adding a questing system to the game, so people can go on grand adventures with their friends and maybe get some cool loot. That said, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for cool quests they would want to see in the future of crazycraft and I'll see if I can make it happen. I've got a few ideas, but any help with those would be cool too, since they're only ideas and not really laid out quests.

My first thought was to make a series of quests which put you in the place of Hercules, doing the 12 labors from Greek/Roman mythology. http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/labors.html

The first one being to slay the Nemean Lion. However instead of a lion (since it's the 1st quest) I thought killing a cow, or some kind of passive mob would be better since you're starting with nothing in these quests, and after you kill the mob you get a set of leather armor to go fight with.

The 2nd quest would be the attack the Hydra, I would want the hydra to be a Wither coming out in the next update. However, that would be outrageously hard if all you have is leather armor. So I thought maybe I should throw in some smaller side-quest style things before you get to go to the 2nd task. So the player can get some decent weapons and maybe better armor to fight the mini-boss with. So again, ideas for mini-quests and loot you should get from them? Perhaps in a roman/greek vib.

Beyond the 12 labors, I had a few more ideas, mostly just fun little things, like a sunken ship treasure/dungeon idea, where it's a very large ship which parts underwater and then empty rooms you'd have to fight mobs in, part puzzle part dungeon. I also figured a pirate themed thing might be fun to have a few quests the sunken ship being one, but also other things like a raiding a small island with mobs as the citizens. Something like that. So yeah that's about all i"ve come up with so fair, but ideas from you guys would be awesome! And we can figure out how it'd work in a questing sense on here as well. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about the whole questing/missions system and I hope to bring you guys some cool and fun missions to really enhance the game, and maybe help earn a few nubs.
Brittlebear
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby Brittlebear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 am

Wall 'o text
Brittlebear
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby robme29 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Brittlebear wrote:Blake intends on adding a questing system to the game, so people can go on grand adventures with their friends and maybe get some cool loot. That said, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for cool quests they would want to see in the future of crazycraft and I'll see if I can make it happen. I've got a few ideas, but any help with those would be cool too, since they're only ideas and not really laid out quests.

My first thought was to make a series of quests which put you in the place of Hercules, doing the 12 labors from Greek/Roman mythology. http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/labors.html

The first one being to slay the Nemean Lion. However instead of a lion (since it's the 1st quest) I thought killing a cow, or some kind of passive mob would be better since you're starting with nothing in these quests, and after you kill the mob you get a set of leather armor to go fight with.

The 2nd quest would be the attack the Hydra, I would want the hydra to be a Wither coming out in the next update. However, that would be outrageously hard if all you have is leather armor. So I thought maybe I should throw in some smaller side-quest style things before you get to go to the 2nd task. So the player can get some decent weapons and maybe better armor to fight the mini-boss with. So again, ideas for mini-quests and loot you should get from them? Perhaps in a roman/greek vib.

Beyond the 12 labors, I had a few more ideas, mostly just fun little things, like a sunken ship treasure/dungeon idea, where it's a very large ship which parts underwater and then empty rooms you'd have to fight mobs in, part puzzle part dungeon. I also figured a pirate themed thing might be fun to have a few quests the sunken ship being one, but also other things like a raiding a small island with mobs as the citizens. Something like that. So yeah that's about all i"ve come up with so fair, but ideas from you guys would be awesome! And we can figure out how it'd work in a questing sense on here as well. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about the whole questing/missions system and I hope to bring you guys some cool and fun missions to really enhance the game, and maybe help earn a few nubs.

I was thinking about making a quest involving the beginnings of Enderism, it would be reminiscent of the English Reformation.
Image
robme29
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:20 am

Re: Missions/quests

Postby Thunder_Luigi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm

I approve the idea of the 12 labours of Hercules.

I have an idea:

Have a dungeon that has 50, 100, or some huge number of levels that progressively gets harder at a set interval, or even from room to room. Also at set intervals, there can be places to rest, stock up on items, or leave the dungeon with a consolation prize. The last floor should be a boss level, of which it gives up its ultimate prize.

Basically the "Pit of 100 Trials" from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
"Innovate through coffee, skill, and headache..." ~B. Emanuel Rommel III
Thunder_Luigi
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Missions/quests

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 am

please keep posting your idea but just so the public knows... we seem to be having some issues with the quest plugin we are using. i'm working on the fix but i will keep you posted here as soon as i get it up and going. thank you
Image
lionbandgeek92
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby crazyscience » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 am

lionbandgeek92 wrote:please keep posting your idea but just so the public knows... we seem to be having some issues with the quest plugin we are using. i'm working on the fix but i will keep you posted here as soon as i get it up and going. thank you


Kick it up a Notch, Lion!
-crazyscience
crazyscience
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 am

crazyscience wrote:Kick it up a Notch, Lion!

i can't i'm masturbating
Image
lionbandgeek92
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby crazyscience » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:54 pm

I think Britt's right. The first quest SHOULD be to kill a lion -_-
-crazyscience
crazyscience
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:05 pm

crazyscience wrote:I think Britt's right. The first quest SHOULD be to kill a lion -_-

i don't get it
Image
lionbandgeek92
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Missions/quests

Postby crazyscience » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:01 pm

lionbandgeek92 wrote:
crazyscience wrote:I think Britt's right. The first quest SHOULD be to kill a lion -_-

i don't get it


You're LIONbandgeek92. The first quest should be to kill you.
-crazyscience
crazyscience
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Next

Return to Construction Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron