NO!

Feel free to post whatever.

Re: NO!

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm

how the hell do you have money for 16gbs of ram but not more than 1 gb of storage... this is confusing me and its not just the drinks talking either. i can give you a full list of plugins. we could figure out the spawn point no problem and i could even help you with getting the plugins configured. our problem was simply we had no active staff and the members dropped off on their own. if you want to run your own server YOU will staff it and YOU will advertise and YOU will keep up with updates. if crazy wants you to use the crazycraft name as the server name thats up to him. and as far as i'm concerned more power to you buddy...
lionbandgeek92

Postby LoganGun123 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:57 pm

It has 1GB ram, $20 a month gets me 2GB's. I really just want CC back up with Lion, Crazy, Danie, Brittle, Rob and Blake on. Also the others on most of the time. Add me on Skype so we can chat IM. Skype: Kransist
LoganGun123

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 am

LoganGun123 wrote:I really just want CC back up with Lion, Crazy, Danie, Brittle, Rob and Blake on. Also the others on most of the time.

dude theres the thing...

crazyscience wrote:In addition to that, most of our admins and mods have lost interest in maintaining the system.

so uh... if you start the server back up you will still be in the same boat... we've already all moved on man
lionbandgeek92

Postby LoganGun123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

So, your willing to just give up on a server that hundreds call home? Fine, if you don't want it to continue.. then I won't bother.
LoganGun123

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

LoganGun123 wrote:So, your willing to just give up on a server that hundreds call home? Fine, if you don't want it to continue.. then I won't bother.

why yes logan i am the ONLY one giving up... oh and yes we had hundreds of active members...
lionbandgeek92

Postby crazyscience » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah man, it sucks, but we were in a position where we had make a tough call. It's not like any of us wanted it to end. Well, we did get a bit bored with the constant updates, but also, financially, it was no longer feasible. So, we count our losses, learn what we can from the experience, stay in contact with the awesome people we met, and move on. We're not opposed to helping anyone out that would want to run a server of their own. In fact, we'd encourage it (and have done what we can by making the map available). If you have any specific questions regarding best practices and such, I think we're all still keen to help with that.

But, make no mistake: you're essentially starting from nothing (or close to), and it takes some time to gather up a community like we had. Crazycraft started over 2 years ago. We had a damn good run. Better than most servers. But, it takes time to get to that point, so you'll have to patient and more than willing to learn from your mistakes as you go. Focus on 100% uptime. Don't do random restarts or unexplained downtime. Ever. Make sure that your economy follows the same patterns that a traditional economy would follow. Adding world borders prevents unending supplies, therefor increasing the value of materials as supplies become scarce.

That's the biggest thing, man, and something that I don't think we did well enough on crazycraft. We has basically an unending selling point. That's fine. Farmers in real life have an unending market, but the profits are thin, and there are few farmers. I would have liked to have seen the server have a more realistic approach to commerce. Perhaps farming of any kind requires fertilizer. idk, just study economics, and model your server after that. Advertise it as a "realistic-ish economy" and people will come to you.
-crazyscience
crazyscience

Postby 84danie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:54 am

I'm working on starting up my own server with all custom plug ins and such. It's gonna take a lot of time and I'm not sure whether I'm going to rent server space or buy a server or what (Or have my buddy host), and, like Crazy said, I'll basically be starting from nothing.

I have found another server that is similar to CrazyCraft as far as plugins, but I have yet to find a community that even COMPARES to CrazyCraft. I'm hoping that if I play my cards right I can manage to create a community that was as lovely as CC.

With that being said, I'd hate to lose contact with everyone, so please feel free to add me on steam (84danie).
84danie

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

if either one of you need help running your own server just let me know and i can help you.
lionbandgeek92

Postby 84danie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm

lionbandgeek92 wrote:if either one of you need help running your own server just let me know and i can help you.

Thanks lionc:
84danie

Postby LoganGun123 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:40 pm

I also would do anything to help with your server Danie. :)
LoganGun123

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics