1.3 update briefing.

The server status will be posted here.

1.3 update briefing.

Postby blakethepatton » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 am

Well it's the dawn of a new update, and with this update, the server will be going through lots of changes. And this is the post to keep watching in order to learn of these changes.
As I'm sure you have become aware, we haven't advertised in months. This has been for the reason that we've been working on a new revamped crazycraft that requires less staff and should pretty much make the server self-service. So when you log in for the first time I'm sure that you'll discover some bugs and flukes in the new permissions setup. It would be awesome if you would report these bugs to us asap so that we can get them fixed.
I am sure by now the plan of a new world has leaked out to the players and while it's irritating, there will be a new world set up when we get running 1.3 minecraft. So what's going to happen to your stuff? Well we're not going to get rid of it of course, rather it will all be preserved in a world that you can travel to and visit similar to the 1.2 world. The key difference is that there will be no ability to make block changes in this world. Therefor, if I were you I'd work on finishing my builds in the world before the update.
So where has the staff been for the past few weeks? Well we've been busy building the new spawn for the 1.3 world. Keep in mind, as a survival server, everything we build is built in survival. Exhausting really, especially since this is being built using the weekly snapshots and vanilla minecraft, no flying, no god mode, no sethomes. We are still working on the new spawn because it is quite the project to build, and as the 1.3 update comes out we'll still be working on spawn.
I really hope that you all willn stay with us as we go into this new world and help us perfect the system. As a reward for playing after these long few weeks, I plan to promote quite a few of you to regular status meaning that your name will be blue instead of green.

List of changes to expect:
New world
New permissions setup
Npc quests
Vanilla world
Travel to 1.0-1.2 worlds
1 Year birthday of Crazycraft
Advertising
Bugs galore (please report them)
Money reset
Skills reset
Easier self service
Automated user promotions
And much more!
blakethepatton

Re: 1.3 update briefing.

Postby Agent_Dilontro7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 am

Quick question here, my brother and i made an amazing ender farm and im wondering if we will have to build a new one or can still use this one?
Agent_Dilontro7

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am

Agent_Dilontro7 wrote:Quick question here, my brother and i made an amazing ender farm and im wondering if we will have to build a new one or can still use this one?

with the new world a new end world will be generated... i.e. yes you will have to build a new one
lionbandgeek92

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 am

blakethepatton wrote:Well it's the dawn of a new update, and with this update, the server will be going through lots of changes. And this is the post to keep watching in order to learn of these changes.

also, it is advisable that you wait to update your client until you receive the message "Client jar is out of date" or something similar to that message. If you do elect to update, just remember that we will be updating most likely sometime within the next few weeks. If you notice a problem with a plugin or a command is not working or is returning "An internal error occurred" please respond to this thread with the command that you were trying or the plugin name if you know.

tldr: 1.3 is coming out, don't update if you want to be on CrazyCraft. When we do update, tell us what commands are messed up.

tldr:tldr: Don't update. Report Bugs.

AGAIN DO NOT UPDATE AUGUST 1ST
lionbandgeek92

Postby blakethepatton » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 am

Oh yeah, wait to update till the server updates. The earliest I think I'll get that is most likely the weekend, IDK, bukkit usually takes their time on these updates.
blakethepatton

Postby lionbandgeek92 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 am

btw... um... someone needs to say this
DONT UPDATE RIGHT AWAY!
lionbandgeek92

Postby Agent_Dilontro7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:58 am

so i should update it tommorow?

:D :D :D :D

haha jk
Agent_Dilontro7

Postby robme29 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 am

Wonderfully said Blake.
robme29

Postby Foreman_Butch » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am

First of all, I'm amped for this 1.3 world. We were able to see the start of the spawn via live feed the other day and I must say you guys have done an excellent job as far as I've seen. My only question is about the towns. I presume since everything else is going to be reset that the towns are going to be de-banned as well? Also, what are going to be the requirements to be promoted to regular status?
Foreman_Butch

Postby Jawa57 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 am

Will the server map be immediately updated? I ask this because I want to be able to find a good spot geographically to build a home.
Jawa57

Next

Return to Status